Cnet Poll | Boot Times

LeeKoo of CNET started an interesting poll couple of weeks back. We discussed boot times and how h/s-ware config changes it.

That's when I got out my stopwatch and timed mine. From push-on power to a usable desktop took under 60 seconds. If I used hibernate instead, the lag went down to 35 seconds. Am pretty satisfied with my results. Only the quad-cores seemed to do better ;)

Of the many postings made, one I found really interesting. It was by Lenny. And he says..

... But no matter what I'm doing, whether it being booting up or a project, I have a strict rule: NEVER sit and wait for the computer! It needs to be a tool, not a black hole for my time.

What are your boot times?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

multi-screen mania!

CrossEngine: Seach Engine Mashup