A116 | Rooted & Flashed


Since the day SnapDeal delivered the MMX A116, I have gone back to the XDA-Developers bookmark every evening hoping that someone would post instructions to root the phone. All of you would agree that jailbreaking/rooting your phone/iPod/Tab is totally worth it if you are a power user. On Feb 27, Abhishek Kumar and senior member made a breakthrough and posted not only instructions to root A116 but also a custom ROM (JELLYSMARTv1.0).

I had anyways installed Lotus Traveler and that was creating its own set of challenges. So I though what the hell, I have nothing to lose (other than the phone itself, maybe). I would post that bit of research later, but I want to vouch for something that I found - The A116 is totally unbrickable. Yes, you can mess it up as much as you want, but there is a way to start fresh.

Long story short. I now have a rooted phone that allows me complete control on what I put on it and where and I have a shiny new ROM (JELLYSMARTv1.1 - as 1.0 has some minor issues). Check the "Build Number" & "Custom build version" on the above screen-cap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

multi-screen mania!

CrossEngine: Seach Engine Mashup