NOD32 | The only AV your would ever need


This eye watches your PC tirelessly, without demanding too much of your attention, bandwidth and system resources. Over the past decade I've used and refused a plethora of AVs/Security Suites. Some (read free) are just not good at the basics, or even if they are would want you to shell out something extra to clean the infections (they call it subscription, I call it ransom!)

Some guzzle bandwidth as if there's no tomorrow, downloading MBs worth of updated signatures. The worst of the lot are the ones that demand too much of processor attention. The top two security suites love keeping at least 10% of CPU time to themselves all the time!!

That's when I heard about NOD32 (and I admit, I wasn't impressed by its name) on Leo Laporte's and Steve Gibson's podcast, Security Now!, my bible on internet/system security. Leo has been using this AV for a long time and highly recommends it.


I installed NOD32 sometime late 2005. It's been faithfully protecting me since then. The installer is about 20MB and it downloads virus signatures progressively. So only your first run would be bandwidth intensive, subsequent updates would happen without you even noticing. It's light on CPU and has a "silent" option making it virtually invisible.

My rating: 5 on 5

More here: Eset NOD32 Homepage

Comments

  1. Does it cost a bomb?

    Ok, Typical indian mindset question:- Can I live with the trial version???

    What say??

    -andy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

multi-screen mania!

CrossEngine: Seach Engine Mashup