A116 | A good phone


I booked my piece on Feb 14, 2013 at 00:02 hrs and boy aint I happy I did that. 13 minutes later it was sold out and those who tried to book one the next day got a delivery date of Mar 15, 2013. 

It reminded me of the time when my dad booked a Maruti 800 in 1980s. He was wait-listed and the car arrived few months later. 

I have been using the MMX A116 for over a week now and have had only few complaints. Thankfully none of them have to do anything with the phone. This phone's the BIGGEST bang you can get for your buck (at this time). My complaint is of retailers hating this phone (for obvious reasons) and refusing to stock basic accessories like screen guard and flip covers.

Another gripe I have is that the phone's not reached the larger geek community and hence does not have working rooting instructions or custom ROMs on any of the Android forums. All this would eventually go away, until then I just have to be satisfied playing out with the ADB running off my laptop.

There are tons of reviews out there for this phone so I would not do another one. However if I see something that not many people have noticed, I would write about it.

For now I just want to share that the stock launcher is no good. I played with about half a dozen of them before deciding to go with "Smart Launcher". Its minimalistic & extremely light. Just the way I like them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

multi-screen mania!

CrossEngine: Seach Engine Mashup