F for Easy?

I just bought my second Motorola in six months. This time it is the Motofone F3



It looks "WOW" and would set you back by a mere 1600 rupees!!!
Yes, you guessed right, its a basic phone that does what phones were actually meant to do.

It takes some getting used to, but once you do, its a breeze to use. I also had an unfair advantage of being the first to lay my hands on it. So it managed to gather a small crowd wherever I went with it. Most believe I am lying about the price :) Rest are pestering the person who got it for me from UP where its currently available. I believe would be placing an order of a dozen F3s sometime soon...

I rate it a:

3.5 on 5 for usability
5 on 5 for looks
5 on 5 for value for money
5 on 5 for robustness (throw it, kick it, the F3 would come out unscathed - I threw it onto the floor couple of time to prove it to my audience. Note: we have wall to wall carpeting)

Verdict: Its a good second phone for people like me who can't carry a camera phone to work or when you don't wanna risk that pricey PDA getting drenched out in the wild!

Here are the specs.

GeneralNetworkGSM 900 / GSM 1800
Announced2006, June
StatusAvailable
SizeDimensions114 x 47 x 9 mm, 48 cc
Weight70 g
DisplayTypeAlphanumeric
Size2 x 6 chars, 34 x 43 mm
RingtonesTypePolyphonic (8 channels)
CustomizationNo
VibrationNo
MemoryPhonebookYes
Call records20 dialed, received, missed calls
Card slotNo
DataGPRSNo
HSCSDNo
EDGENo
3GNo
WLANNo
BluetoothNo
Infrared portNo
USBNo
FeaturesMessagingSMS
BrowserNo
GamesNo
ColorsBlack, Blue
CameraNo
Battery
Standard battery, Li-Ion 800 mAh
Stand-byUp to 300 h
Talk timeUp to 4 h 30 min


For more info:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/motofone/experience/experience/index.html

Even if you are not intrerested you still might want to visit it. Its nice!

Listen to this article


Listen to this article

Comments

  1. Hey ~S~,
    Nice review.
    I enjoyed the audio review too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a motorola fan too.
    My tryst with the MOTO bug began with E-398. I still have not found a worthy replacement for the amount of versatility that it offerred. Currently I use a motorola c-168 (read my review on this - http://anandspeak.blogspot.com/2006/11/motorola-c-168-phone-review.html).
    It is a basic phone with a very very good FM reception, which I use occassionally.
    Pretty cool.
    I would like to use the Moto-ming for a couple of days to check it out.

    keep posting!
    Cheers..
    -anand

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

multi-screen mania!

CrossEngine: Seach Engine Mashup